CONDUCTING OFFICER – RISK MANAGEMENT – LUX
Adepa Asset Management S.A.
Experience the Adepa way!
Since 1980 our group is proud to provide outstanding support to asset managers, banks, investors, private equity and real estate promoters, family offices and independent financial advisors operating around the world. We deliver tailor-made solutions to professionals operating globally in the field of asset management and banking. Adepa is currently present in Luxembourg (Headquarter), Italy, Spain and Chile. In Luxembourg, the group owns the market leader Adepa Asset Management S.A, a fund services specialist regulated by the Commission de Surveillance du Secteur Financier (CSSF) as a Chapter 15 fund management company and AIFM.
Within the framework of our Luxembourg-based activities, we are searching for a candidate ready to take this very interesting and important role:
CONDUCTING OFFICER – RISK MANAGEMENT
The role will consist in ensuring that the risk management framework is effective, documented and meets the applicable legal and regulatory provisions.
We are looking for a profile that can think holistically, is hands-on with all aspects related to the RM practice in Adepa, can support other business areas and clients, and is able to think out of the box when needed.
In this Key role in the organization, your main responsibilities will include:
- Be responsible for the risk management within the Company and the funds under Company´s management, development of sustainable risk framework
- Manage the Risk Management Team and ensuring there is a good coordination and an efficient liaison with other departments
- Ensure full compliance with regulatory risk requirements, develop and oversee the risk management function for UCITS and AIFs
- Define risk levels and risk methods and be responsible for the structuring of the risk management process and the liquidity management process
- Analyze the products to be managed and be an active part in the onboarding of AIFs and carry out risk control assessments and testing
- Risk reporting to different Boards, funds and regulators.
- Investment Objectives definition, restriction limits control, ongoing control, eligibility checks(support IM and Fund Onboarding in this process when and as required)
- Breach impact calculation and notification to CSSF
- Due Diligence and monitoring of service providers of the Risk Management Department (e.g. Risk systems, Six Telekurs, etc)Be part of the Client approval process, Onboarding process and the setting up the respective funds, Support Valuation Process/Valuation Committees and its members
- Operational Risk Management at the Company Level
- Illiquid assets – generation of KPIS and other inputs to regularly assess the risks of the underlying investments during the period the financial information or valuation has not yet arrived.
- Drafting of policies and procedures and regular update
- Support the Luxembourg Country Head, the COC members and the Comex members in the management of the company and the group on any subject of whatsoever nature
- Continuously look for efficiencies and areas of continuous improvement at the RM department and the Group
- Having a Group exposure in due time (at some point we expect the RM responsible to enlarge the scope of the activity and cover other businesses of the group in other jurisdictions)
- Performing ESG checks, implementation, and monitoring of the new data provider (Risk System, to be decided)
- Supporting the New Product and the New Instrument Process
- Register of claims / damage cases
- Liquidity Risk Stress Testing and Liquidity Risk Report
- Eligibility Checks for new mandates / external Managers (Pre-Trade)
- Improvement of Post Trade Investment Compliance checks to take current data from other Systems (Opus, MF) into account; avoiding of reporting breaches to CSSF were not necessary
- Supporting the project for the interface (Opus – RiskSystem)
This function reports directly to the Board of Directors and the Group CEO.
Do you believe you are the right person for this role? Then, please be aware that these are the values and skills we think are important to be considered eligible:
- Extensive experience in risk management and control activities, especially in Alternative Investment Funds (AIFs) including PE/RE, Loans, etc.
- Have a good understanding of financial markets and risk management, and be able to challenge fund managers
- Have a good understanding of different risk measures and financial tools and investment portfolio construction
- Have a good academic record in finance, mathematics or other quantitative fields
- Excellent English language skills, further languages are an advantage
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate effectively at different levels
Would you like to be part of an international team and add value to a growing and developing company? Please send your CV and motivation letter including your salary expectation to Hrcontact@adepa.com.
Attractive conditions are offered, depending on the strength of the candidature, within a flexible working framework.